Dangers Cited by Electrician that can be Serious Safety Issue

electrician melbourne blog and tips on electrical safety

We rely heavily on the usage of electricity in our various homes, offices and factories. There are many potential electrical safety hazards that could occur at a given time, such as a fire outbreak. Fortunately, these hazards can be avoided or reduced by watching out for some potential dangers and taking steps to eliminate them. Our team of licensed electricians in Melbourne from Shockproof Electrical and data wants you to know about some of these dangers and how to possibly avoid them.

Overloading of Circuits

Our electricians spotted some signs of circuit overloading while on duty in some households, which include; blinking or dimming lights, discoloured outlet covers (from overheating), tripled circuit breakers or buzzing sounds near the outlets. If you’ve noticed any of these signs at your place, contact a licensed electrician to advise on potential risks and things to do to avoid them.

Outlets close to Water

Our electrician’s advice keeping outlets away from water will reduce the risk of potential electric shock. If you are concerned about any outlets being close to water such as sinks, and bathtubs. Call shockproof Electrical to have a friendly electrician come to inspect the matter safely.

Using loose electrical Outlets

Our electricians also warned that having active but loose outlets in our residences can be very dangerous, especially when we plug our appliances and devices into them. They warned that it could lead to electric shock and even worse, fire outbreaks. If you’ve noticed that the plug connecting your appliances to the outlets falls out quickly, this implies that the blades inside the outlet have become suddenly loose, this, however, generates a lot of heat which can lead to hazards.

Using the wiring extension cords Outside

Furthermore, they want you to be aware if your extension cord is suitable for outdoor use before you plug it into your outdoor outlets. If you connect an extension cord that’s only suitable for indoor use to your outdoor outlet, it could lead to a potential disaster.

Your safety and that of your households, as well as coworkers and your properties, should be your number one priority. Always know your DIY limits. If electrical issues persist, you should contact an electrician near you to have it fixed

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top